This clear and easy to read eBook takes a look at the history and development of Landlord and Tenant Law, and explains many of the background legal rules.
Chapter headings are as follows:
- Where does law come from and where does it get its authority?
- Land Law, a bit of history, and the two estates in land
- Owning a property with other people – the rules
- A digression on equity and the Court of Chancery
- Its all in the contract
- Tenancies and how land law and contract law work together
- The six most important elements of a tenancy or lease
- Common law and statute
- Differentiating tenancies from business lets and long leases
- The basic rules of tenancies – before the codes
- Regulations on repairs and eviction rights
- The Rent Act 1977 in context
- Explaining the Housing Act 1988 48
- The social rented sector
- Regulations in housing law
- Summing it all up
The law is as at 30 January 2019.