Why it is necessary for businesses
The normal Landlord Law membership is per person. If Fred Smith joins as a member – so far as we are concerned, that membership belongs to him. Even if it is paid for by his employer.
So if he leaves his employment he (or she) can carry on using that membership – which may have documents which have been created for your business and which you wish to retain access to.
The Teams membership overcomes this problem:
- The Business owner or someone senior in the organisation will join and set up the account. They will be given a specific number of members (or ‘seats’) depending on the type of team membership purchased.
- Once the team is set up – the Team Leader can then sign up the team members by allocating the seats. The team member will then be able to use the site and will have full access to the Business Level membership content.
- However, if that member of staff then leaves the firm – his team membership can be cancelled and his ‘seat’ allocated to the new member of staff
- Also, membership is cheaper (considerably cheaper for larger teams) per person when you are in a team.
We have three levels of team:
- The Duo – this is suitable for two people working together. Say husband and wife or business owner and assistant.
- Small Office Team – this is for up to five people including the Team Leader, and
- Large Office Team – for up to ten people, including the Team Leader.
If you have a larger team we may be able to help but you will need to let us know what you want.
You need to be careful to choose the right size of team, as it is not possible, at the moment, to upgrade or downgrade your team membership.
All team members will have:
- Business Level access to the site content (ie access to all membership content)
- Access to the main members’ forum
- All information and other mailings which go out to members (unless they unsubscribe)
- All new teams are entitled to a free ‘Welcome’ seminar with Tessa Shepperson which will be conducted online. This will introduce you to the Landlord Law service and your team can ask any questions about the service and any issues they may have.
If you require more ‘one to one’ see our Premium Team Membership below.
Premium Team Membership
Here in addition to the normal Team membership benefits, the team is entitled to:
- A private team forum area – where they can discuss issues and ask questions to Tessa in confidence
- Quarterly training or advice sessions conducted online (at times to be agreed) where teams can discuss legal issues and/or receive one to one training with Tessa Shepperson
- One free place at either the Conference or one of our face to face workshops – subject to availability. Or free attendance at one of our online training events for the whole team.
- Additional Landlord Law points (300 per team member) to use towards other products and training events – points are allocated on joining and when the annual Team membership is renewed.
Note that because of the amount of one to one advice provided, we can only offer a limited number of Premium Team memberships.