Which possession proceedings?


Do you have a license rather than a tenancy?

For example, this will be if:

  • the occupier is required to live in the property for his job
  • the letting is of a boat (eg a houseboat)
  • if the accommodation is in a hostel or hotel where cleaning and other services are provided, or
  • where the occupier shares all living space (eg where residents sleep in a hostel dormitory)

If you have followed the tenancy trail, and read our (members only) article on licenses but are still not sure whether you have a tenancy or a license, you should get help via our  telephone advice service before doing anything further.

Click Yes if you have a license, and No if you have a tenancy.